Friday, October 24, 2014

I'm Back!

I guess I have a love-hate relationship with this blog, or maybe with blogs in general. Sometimes I get fatigued by the idea of more words going out into cyberspace. Sometimes it feels like too much introspection, too many word selfies. Blogs are quickly written, quickly forgotten. Every now and then a post well-deservedly goes viral and when I read it I am partly grateful for its wisdom or cleverness and partly jealous of its writer's talent. In so many ways I feel inadequate to reenter the blogosphere.

But lately I've been feeling the urge to write, even if no one reads it. Maybe it's that I haven't had much editing work this fall (bummer), or maybe it's that our kitchen project is making house cleaning feel futile, or maybe it's that I should be writing more to prepare myself for whatever is next in life. At any rate, here I am again, for better or for worse. Did you miss me?

In the past year we have somewhat unexpectedly moved, sold a house, changed schools for all the kids, started high school, and begun a massive kitchen renovation wherein the walls were taken down to the studs. Life has been busy. There is probably a lot to write about. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, because every good blog post has a picture, here is one of us saying goodbye to our beloved house. Many happy memories were made there, and many happy memories have already been made in our new home. We are thankful.


(I don't know why we didn't compose the picture better, but it is what we were able to get before the camera ran out of batteries . . . which is on so many levels a fair representation of our hectic life this summer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment