Monday, October 27, 2014

Mondays with Martha: Favorite Spaces

When your kitchen looks like this...



It's important to focus on the positives about your home. So for this week's homemakery post I'd like to focus on favorite spaces. What is your favorite place in your home? Maybe you have to think for a minute to determine what it is. Or maybe you know what your favorite place is but you have neglected it for a bit and it is currently too cluttered or dirty to rank as your favorite place. Or maybe you're in your favorite space this very minute.

Here is mine.


I love it because we haven't had a fireplace in many years, and we're fire-in-the-fireplace people. I also love it because I envision many happy moments of family togetherness here. It is absolutely the perfect place to read Little House in the Big Woods to my little people. And also apparently the ideal spot for an animal hospital. This is the third or fourth iteration of the mantel, and the best so far, but I'd welcome decorating suggestions if you're so inclined.

What about you? I'd love to hear about--or better yet get a picture of--your favorite place in your home. Leave a comment or send me a picture and I'll share it here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment