Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Candy Overload and Holiday Craft Sale

I woke up this morning determined that I would not eat any more of that tempting Halloween candy. We have buckets and buckets of it! I think it's time to donate the remainder to the troops or the food pantry or the music teacher. Or maybe make some brownies and cut up candy bars to sprinkle on top. But first we did this.


I saw this on facebook, posted by a friend of a friend (Do you find it a little scary that I can see pictures of people I don't know? I do!), so I can't take credit but I also can't give credit where credit is due--I don't know the original source.

Anyway, the idea is that you make a countdown to Thanksgiving calendar, and each day as the child takes a piece of candy, they have to write down something that they are thankful for on that day. I'm hoping that this will help us be thankful for the whole month, not just one day or one week, and also force us to find more things we're thankful for than "mom and dad, food, and friends"--all great answers, but I'd like us to dig a little deeper.

For us this is particularly useful this year because Dad is going on a trip to China and gets back on Thanksgiving eve. So it doubles as a "how many days until Dad gets home" chart as well.

Before I forget, let me also post a picture of some of the jewelry I have for sale this Friday. Prices range from $15-$80


It's not a great picture, but it gives you an idea of what I've been working on. Here are the details--if you're in the area, please come! It's always fun to see what people make, the food is always delicious, and the conversation is always interesting.

3rd Annual Handmade Open House--drop by anytime between 7 and 10pm to browse lovely handmade items from several ladies, enjoy yummy food and drinks, and catch up with friends and neighbors! Address is 205 N Sleight St, Naperville (60540)

No comments:

Post a Comment