Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Crafties

Tis the season when I start buying craft supplies for projects I'll never get to. Somehow the Christmas spirit just brings out the crafty urge in me. So, for those of you who have the same urge, here is a post all about cute Christmas crafties.

Here is my favorite homemade ornament. It's easy, cute, good for little people, and uses materials you already have.

To make this little sheep you start with a manilla folder. Cut it into a sheep shape and paint the head and feet black. Then wrap the whole thing in sheep-colored yarn (white or grey or maybe black). Tie a little red ribbon around his neck and add a bell if you want to be fancy.

For those of you with babies or toddlers, here are two handprint ornaments I've done.

The top one is made of craft foam. If you can get the child to spread their thumb apart from the rest of their fingers when you do their handprint, you can cut it into a mitten shape. The bottom one is made of wood. I'm not sure where you can get those now--they didn't have them at Joann's when I was there this week.

And here's my old standby of the last few years.
These are at Joann's right now for 50 cents each. It's fun to see the progression of coloring skills as the child gets older, and I love having each year's school pictures on the tree.

What are your favorite homemade ornaments? Share them in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment