Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Holy Bats!

Remember when TV was like this?


Well, Robin just about sums up my feelings about what just happened to me--at least I think he sums it up in there somewhere!

I was snuggled up watching a movie (windows and doors closed, just for the record) with my husband when suddenly I saw something large and black out of the corner of my eye. And instantly I knew what it was.

A BAT!!!! I kid you not. I dove under a blanket and screamed something incoherent. My husband eventually realized that my reaction was out of line for, say, an earwig, and located the bat. A short battle ensued, during which I am ashamed to say I cowered in another room behind a closed door.

My husband assures me that our bat has left the building, although he did not actually see it leave.

I can't make this stuff up, people. I mean, I could, but why would I? No one would believe it. A bat was just in MY HOUSE!!!!

It's definitely time for some warm milk. Or maybe this calls for something a bit stronger. . . 









No comments:

Post a Comment