Friday, December 7, 2012

Peppermint Cookies

On the spur of the moment, I decided to spend the day doing some Christmas baking to share with friends. It was so fun. An acquaintance recently gave me a recipe I had asked for a while back, so I added it to the list  for the day. And oh my goodness, it's now going in the notebook of "things I make every year"! So good...



Peppermint Cookies

1 c. butter (softened)
1 1/4 c. powdered sugar (divided)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour
1 c. rolled oats
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. crushed candy canes (divided)

Preheat oven to 325 F.
In large bowl with electric mixer, cream butter and 1 c. powdered sugar. Add vanilla. In another bowl stir together flour, oats, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and blend thoroughly. Add 1/4 c. crushed peppermint and mix well.

Roll dough into 3/4 inch balls and roll in 1/4 c. powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart and flatten with a fork in criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle with peppermint candy. Bake 18-20 min.



No comments:

Post a Comment