Friday, April 27, 2012

On Blogging

Perhaps you've noticed that my blogging has been a little bit sporadic lately. Maybe you haven't noticed.

Sure, I've been busy with several (paying!) work projects at the same time. But I don't think that's the only reason I haven't been blogging. I think I have blog fatigue. It's not writing fatigue, it's too-many-blogs-in-the-world fatigue. I don't want to write another post about how hard it is to be a mom or how worth it it all is--there are so many of those already and I'm tired of them. I think I'm emotionally wrung out from all the intensity. And I don't want to try to come up with a controversial topic to blog about in some (destined-to-be-unsuccessful) attempt to go viral. And I don't want to waste your time or mine.

So here's what I've decided: I'm going to write occasionally--maybe once a week--but only if I think I have something to say. I'm not going to force this thing. You're welcome.

In the "someone has already said it better than I could" category, here is a blog post on marriage that I really enjoyed reading. This blogger has a few kids with autism and a few with diabetes (three kids total I think), so some of you may want to bookmark her page and go back.

In the "things that make me happy" category, in the ten minutes between chauffeuring trips yesterday I picked these and set the table and started dinner. It was a good reminder to me that it really doesn't take very long, even on a busy day, to bring a little beauty to your family life. Maybe these will inspire you to do a little something extra for your family today.


No comments:

Post a Comment